[Zope] [Zope + Plone] Error "You are not allowed to access'listFolderContents' in this context"

Sébastien Vinot sebastien.vinot at laposte.net
Tue Oct 12 14:17:02 EDT 2004

I have a Plone2 web site since few months and I get a very strange error
since this morning :

Zope returns this error "You are not allowed to access
'listFolderContents' in this context" when I try (for example) to
display folder content from the Plone interface. What is strange is that
the "insufisant_priviledge" page is not displayed but the browser waits
until it times out.

I am manager and my provider sais he changed nothing on the server.

I investigated and found it is the product "CMFMessage" that generates
such error but ONLY on my welcome page.

The error log sais this :

Module Products.PageTemplates.ZRPythonExpr, line 47, in __call__
__traceback_info__: [o for o in msgFolder.listFolderContents() if not
getattr(o,'acknowledged',0) ]
Module Python expression "[o for o in msgFolder.listFolderContents() if
not getattr(o,'acknowledged',0) ]", line 1, in <expression>

I really don't understand : any ideas ?

Sebastien