[Zope] losing object data

Jim Anderson ezjab at ieee.org
Wed Oct 13 08:21:23 EDT 2004

Hi,

I have had problems with several objects and I suspect the problem
has to do with storing complex data structures in a persistent
zope object.

The behavior I see is that when I display the data in the browser,
sometimes it is correct (most of the time actually), but other times
it is in it's initial state, as if the object had just been created.

First, I tried including self._p_changed = 1 in all the object methods
where the data gets modified. When that did not work, I tried
changing the object's lists to persistent Zope objects, or OOBTree.
That did not work. Finally, I tried changing the object data
to individual ints just to see what would happen. Still the
same problem.

My question is, am I making a bad assumption and attaching
the wrong cause of my problem? I can't think what else might
be causing the problem, except possibly the fact that the
application is multithreaded. But I'm pretty sure this is
not causing the problem because all the data read in by one
thread ALWAYS is seen as correct in the other thread,
at least until the data is displayed in the browser.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Jim Anderson