[Zope] Re: Docs on zope config

John Poltorak jp at warpix.org
Thu Oct 21 09:11:18 EDT 2004

On Wed, Oct 20, 2004 at 05:30:06PM -0400, Tres Seaver wrote:
> John Poltorak wrote:
> > Where do I find a list of options available for zope.conf?
> >
> > I found a sample.conf in the zdaemon directory, but when using that gave
> > me error msgs about  'runner' being an unknown type name.
> >

> > It's the only file I've seen which suggests how 'socket-name' can be set.
>
> $ZOPE_HOME/lib/python/Zope/Startup/zopeschema.xml defines the schema for
> zope.conf.  It doesn't (currently) allow the 'socket-name' variable to
> be set;  you could try adding it (to the 'zoperunner' section), and see
> if things Just Work.

It seems strange to me that a sample.conf is included which references
socket-name in a 'runner' section. When I use this sample as my zope.conf
zope flags 'runner' as unknown. If I change this to 'zoperunner' then
socket-name is flagged as unknown. Is this file just redundant? Maybe it
should be removed from the distribution...

It makes me wonder whether the '-s' option for zdctl is operable. If so,
then how do I get to set it when running zopectl?

--
John