[Zope] RE: RFC: Proposed backward-compatibility policy

Gfeller Martin Martin.Gfeller at comit.ch
Wed Oct 27 12:18:25 EDT 2004

Jim,

I think this is a very fair and gentle policy for any kind
a programmable product, and an extremly fair policy for an
open source product (where I can check and/or modify the source
if I run into a crucial compatibility problem).

You probably have to explicitly exclude the environment of
external methods, and restrict compatbility to the published APIs
("published" being easier to define in Zope 3 than in Zope 2, I assume).

Best regards,
Martin

COMIT Gruppe
Risk Management Systems