[Zope] permissions problem writing file from External Method?

Bill Seitz bill at fluxent.com
Wed Oct 27 19:57:45 EDT 2004

My Zope v2.6.2 ExternalMethod is giving me an error when I try to open a
file for writing.

Error:
Module /home/zope/Zope/Extensions/notifyAdt.py, line 88, in seqPut
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/home/lii/logs/notifyAdtSeq.txt'

That line of code:
sf = open(path+seqFile,'w')

(Since this code is also run outside Zope I just use a little file to
hold a single value that I want to persist over time - it gets
incremented each time.)

I think I've made the file as available as possible.
-rwxrwxrwx    1 lii      lii             1 Oct 27 13:39 notifyAdtSeq.txt

Any idea what's going wrong here?