[Zope] controlling UDP socket defaulttimeout in External Method

Bill Seitz bill at fluxent.com
Fri Oct 29 14:24:17 EDT 2004

That server seems to be down. I got Revision 1.23 from
http://www.python.or.kr/pykug/timeoutsocket

I tweaked its line 142 to import SOCK_DGRAM
from socket import AF_INET, SOCK_STREAM, SOCK_DGRAM

Then my main function calls
timeoutsocket.setDefaultSocketTimeout(5)
and later
uSock =
timeoutsocket.timeoutsocket(timeoutsocket.AF_INET,timeoutsocket.SOCK_DGRAM)

Does that make sense?