[Zope] Logout

Cliff Ford Cliff.Ford at ed.ac.uk
Sat Oct 30 03:07:32 EDT 2004

You will find this a frustrating quest using Zope standard login. The
ZMI has a Logout item in its top frame. Although it may appear to work,
you can use the browser back button to go back to a logged in page and
find that you are still logged in. With other access control Products
you can do better. For example, exUserFolder can use a cookie, which you
can invalidate with a custom logout script. You can still view previous
pages with the browser back button because the pages are in the browser
cache, but you can't view anything new - trying that just triggers the
login sequence.

Cliff