[Zope] Re: including arbitrary files in zope products

Max M maxm at mxm.dk
Fri Sep 3 06:01:13 EDT 2004

Raja Subramanian wrote:

> But in general, how does one go about embedding arbitrary files - like
> html/text/pdf/etc - within products and have them automatically
> refreshed on Zope init/restart/etc?  Like everything else in zope,
> I was imagining that this would be an easy/simple thing to do.

If you are running your zope behind Apache, the easiest is to just have
a filesystem based directory there, that you can upload your files to.
You can then use The Apache proxy to serve that director from the
filesystem.

If you are using CMF/Plone I guess you can make a skin and put the Java
file in there. I am not certain about that though.

I also suspect that some of these products might be of help:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/localfs

http://zope.org/Members/shh/ExtFile

regards Max M