[Zope] zcatalog query sends zope spinning

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Sep 3 14:14:03 EDT 2004

nwingfield at dixon-hughes.com wrote at 2004-9-2 14:41 -0400:
>I have a ZCatalog containing some 400,000+ objects.  I recently rebuilt the
>catalog due to corruption, so it should be in pristine condition.  Today I
>issued a simple query (one condition) of the ZCatalog which should have
>returned a very large number of objects.  My intention was to generate a
>data export that I could then import into another system.  The query ran
>for 2 hours, at which point I discovered that Zope was hung and completely
>unresponsive.  I had to break out the 'kill -9' to get it to die.

Learn about how to analyse a "spinning" Zope (there is a HowTo
on "zope.org").

I attach a little "GDB source file" (usually used as GDB init file ".gdbinit").
It defines the command "pfr" ("print frame") which can be used
in "eval_frame" frames to output source file name and function
this "eval_frame" is used for. This allows you to analyse
the Python traceback from C level.

--
Dieter