[Zope] Re: Feedback to user with PageTemplateFile()

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Wed Sep 8 15:55:52 EDT 2004

Will Smith wrote at 2004-9-7 13:13 -0400:
>Dieter Maurer wrote:
>> Pupeno wrote at 2004-8-13 18:47 -0300:

>>>manage_importForm = PageTemplateFile('www/manage_importForm', globals())
>>>def manage_import(self, REQUEST):
>>>	message="Work done"
>>>	return self.manage_importForm(REQUEST)
>>>
>>>Now, my question is, how do I get the variable message to be usable in the
>>>template www/manage_importForm ?
>>

>> You pass it as argument.
>
>Could you please give an example

You must already know how to pass arguments, don't you?

Here is an example:

     return self.manage_importForm(message=message)

It is different from the way you expected it?

>> Passed in arguments are available via the predefined "options"
>> variable. Read the ZPT specification for details...

I already told you here how you access this argument
inside the template -- and where you have to look for
further information, should the statement be inadequate....

Don't ask me for an example how to access it inside the template!

--
Dieter