[Zope] Management View

Johan Carlsson johanc at easypublisher.com
Thu Sep 9 09:30:38 EDT 2004

Edward Hartfield wrote:
> I'm writing my first Zope product.  It's a folder-like object.  I'm
> implementing before_publish_traverse() so that I can do authentication
> (but not using Zope's security model).  Authentication logic is
> different depending on whether or not the managment view of the resource
> is being sought.
>
> Does anyone know if there is a way to tell programmatically whether the
> management view of a resource is being requested, other than looking for
> 'manage_workspace' as the last element in the path?

No. Management views are only published methods just as anything else.
Most of them start with 'manage' but you can't count on all to do that.

I've use the View permission to indicate that something isn't a
management view.

Why do you need different authentication logic?

--
Johan Carlsson          Tel: + 46 8 31 24 94
Colliberty              Mob: + 46 70 558 25 24
Torsgatan 72            Email: johanc at easypublisher.com
SE-113 37 STOCKHOLM