[Zope] REPOST Re: ZServer/ZPublisher proxying, or move to "full zope"; need consultant

Royce mroyce at gmail.com
Sun Sep 12 19:14:19 EDT 2004

Reposting as I didn't get any help on this and have a big ZPublisher
app I need to convert. I am willing to pay someone for their time to
help solve this.

I have the proxying kind of working, using ProxyPass directives from
apache port 80 to ZServer port 9673. Running into the <base href=...>
headache (what I was calling BaseLocation problem in prior message),
and am not sure what to do about it. For the full zope setup, SiteRoot
works fine, but for my ZPublisher app, I'm having trouble. I think I
need to create an equivalent to a SiteRoot object for the ZPublisher
app, and insert it in one or more places, so it patches up the URLs
correctly. Stuck in the thick forest - help! :)

I discovered by reading publisher code that I could set <base href="">
in my standard page header and that stopped zope from writing its
<base href> tag, but still anywhere I use REQUEST.URL1 or similar, I
am in apache/zserver port hell.

Any thoughts appreciated on this. As I said, I am willing to pay
someone for their help.

Thanks,
Royce