[Zope] Re: DBTAB mounting ZCLASS as container

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Wed Sep 15 15:21:38 EDT 2004

Arenz, Ralph wrote at 2004-9-15 17:33 +0200:
[DM]
>>This will not be possible without major work:
>
>>  You would need to implement a new type of mount point.
>> Its class key would allow a ZClass reference.
>>  The corresponding datatype would be a factory that
>>  later instantiates the ZClass.

[RA]
>can you be a little more concrete. I spent a look over the sources from
>dbtab and found some fragments which gives a hint that dbtab can work with
>ZKlasses, but i
>can't figure out how do arrange this. Do i really have to implement a new
>mount point although i
>need a  ZClass as a container for it?

[DM]
I do not know but I fear it.

  The current schema uses a "python_dotted_path" to specify
  the "container-class".
  I may be wrong, but I doubt that you can access a ZClass
  via a "python_dotted_path".

  If I am right, you would need to change at least
  the datatype for your "ZClass" container-class.

You might get away with just changing the datatype.

It is your problem. You must investigate further...

--
Dieter