[Zope] Re: Zope app for hotel bookings

Robert Segall roseg at apsis.ch
Fri Sep 17 08:35:18 EDT 2004

On Friday 17 September 2004 12.05, Josef Meile wrote:
> I was looking also for a reservation system (I want to migrate my own
> from ZClasses to Python) and found that one that you suggested. If you
> want to use the product, then you have to install the Pyro version of
> that site, it doesn't work with the latest version. I got some errors,
> which I didn't remmember, but I can tell you that they were related to
> the Pyro structure itself. It seems that the api had changed a little
> bit. Be aware: the product is inflexible because it won't work without a
> postscript printer, almost all the important methods assume that you
> have it :-(

That's what ghostscript is for - it will take Postscript and happily render it
for other devices.

The problem is that quite a few tour operators have their own pre-printed
stock (vouchers, tickets, etc.) and you somehow need to print in the right
boxes.

Anyway, this is getting a bit far from Zope - further discussion off the list
I think.
--
Robert Segall