[Zope] Overhead of second instance of Zope

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Fri Sep 17 10:28:12 EDT 2004

--On Freitag, 17. September 2004 15:15 Uhr +0100 John Poltorak
<jp at warpix.org> wrote:

> Whilst I agree that running production and test apps on the same server
> is  not a good idea, sometimes needs must, so my question is about how
> much  extra overhead a second Zope instance will add. Site 1 and Site 2
> will be  served by the same server. The question is whether they can be
> served by  different Zope instances without impacting markedly on
> performance.

Are you serious about that question? Zope is nothing other than a stupid
process. If you have multiple processes running on your machine they share
the same resources. If you are running Doom3 on your desktop, don't expect
that
your M$ office package in the background  will be running like hell.

-aj