[Zope] Re: Zope app for hotel bookings

Bill Campbell bill at celestial.net
Fri Sep 17 20:07:31 EDT 2004

On Fri, Sep 17, 2004, Robert Segall wrote:
>On Friday 17 September 2004 12.05, Josef Meile wrote:
>> I was looking also for a reservation system (I want to migrate my own
>> from ZClasses to Python) and found that one that you suggested. If you
>> want to use the product, then you have to install the Pyro version of
>> that site, it doesn't work with the latest version. I got some errors,
>> which I didn't remmember, but I can tell you that they were related to
>> the Pyro structure itself. It seems that the api had changed a little
>> bit. Be aware: the product is inflexible because it won't work without a
>> postscript printer, almost all the important methods assume that you
>> have it :-(
>
>That's what ghostscript is for - it will take Postscript and happily render it
>for other devices.
>
>The problem is that quite a few tour operators have their own pre-printed
>stock (vouchers, tickets, etc.) and you somehow need to print in the right
>boxes.

I've often used groff to print on these forms as you can do very
precise positioning using the ``.sp |pos'' and similar commands.
This works well with laser printers, particularly those that grok
PostScript.  With dot-matrix printers, it usually requires
keeping track of line numbers and placing characters with some
care on each line.

Bill
--
INTERNET:   bill at Celestial.COM  Bill Campbell; Celestial Software LLC

That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is
the symbol of democracy.  It is our job to see that it stays there.
   --GEORGE ORWELL