[Zope] Page Template parser

Garito garito at sistes.net
Sat Sep 18 11:12:52 EDT 2004

Dieter Maurer wrote:

>Garito wrote at 2004-9-17 11:40 +0200:

>>The parser nature (I supose regular expresion search) don't replace \t
>>and \n and if you see the resultant code it's very dirty
>>
>>For normal PT there are not problem (I prefer clean things but...) but
>>in sindication files, etc...
>>
>>Did you know some kind of script to clean PT parser response?
>>

>At least I do not understand what you are looking for...

Hi Dieter!
If you create a PT like:

<tal:b tal:define='global Message string:Hello, World!' />
<tal:b tal:replace='Message' />

the response will be:
\n
Hello, World!

I would like to know if is possible to delete \n automatically (or
programmatically) understanding this \n like the parser response to
<tal:b tal:define ... />

but I don't want to delete "real" \n like

<tal:b tal:define='global Message string: Hello, World!' />
<tal:b tal:replace='Message' />
 (I don't want to delete this \n)
<tal:b tal:replace='string: bla, bla, bla' />

Thanks for your responseS!