[Zope] Re: Overhead of second instance of Zope

Max M maxm at mxm.dk
Sun Sep 19 07:41:20 EDT 2004

John Poltorak wrote:

> I was thinking of having two instances of Zope, one for test and one for
> production on the same server. How much overhead would a second instance
> use just by starting it rather than using it?

My experience is that it's allmost entirely a matter of having enough
ram in your system.

If your production server runs at a good enough speed, and you have
enough ram, a test server will have virtually no impact. It will be like
adding an extra user at your production site. (namely you)

Well unless off course, if you do heavy benchmark or processor intensive
usage on the test instance. Or write codes that makes it go spinning
into a loop or stuff like that.

regards Max M

--

hilsen/regards Max M, Denmark