[Zope] any ide for zope/python ?

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario at ita.chalmers.se
Mon Sep 20 15:52:19 EDT 2004

kevin wrote:
> Hi i am new to zope,but i have some experience in python programing with
> vim, i would like to know if there is a python ide with zope suport.
>
> I have tried komodo that doesnt have zope suport , but looks terrible in
> linux plus is very slow.
>
> And i dont consider wingide an option with that super high price.
>
> thanks.

if you are lloking for TTW Zope editor support, then

boa-constructor.sf.net

works fairly well. It is by no means a super polished application, but
it works OK.

I have recently deployed my first Product only Zope app (Using Plone)
and it was all done w/o using any TTW code or development. We did
everything using FS based Python scripts, Page Templates and  ZSQLscripts.

For this I used the python Windows editor and TextPad on windows. Worked
Perfectly and I had CVS support as a bonus, so even deploying and
testing went very smoothly.

Using QuickInstaller and Plone's Customisation Policies I even scripted
modifications I would otherwise have had to do manually - this is a huge
timesaver, even when durin development and testing.

I really recommend this approach.

/dario