[Zope] Error with filenames during FTP

Philip Kilner phil at xfr.co.uk
Tue Sep 21 04:33:49 EDT 2004

Hi,

Philip Kilner wrote:
> When I've had to pull stuff into Zope from the likes of FrontPage, I've
> "ripped" the site to a static copy using HTTrack (Open source,
> cross-platform, http://www.httrack.com/). This gave me a lot less to
> deal with manually than trying to start from the server-side files.

D'Oh! Hit send too early!

What I meant to say was that such tools usually have the option for,
say, 8+3 file names, rather than file names based on the URLs in a
dynamic site. If the problem file names come from ripping the site,
re-ripping it using such an option may help - easier than dealing with
it retrospectively, anyway.

--

Regards,

PhilK

Email: phil at xfr.co.uk / Voicemail & Facsimile: 07092 070518

"Work as if you lived in the early days of a better nation." - Alasdair Gray