[Zope] Error with filenames during FTP

John Poltorak jp at warpix.org
Tue Sep 21 04:50:17 EDT 2004

On Mon, Sep 20, 2004 at 07:12:06PM +0200, Dieter Maurer wrote:
> John Poltorak wrote at 2004-9-19 21:56 +0100:
> >> Either avoid names with characters not allowed in Zope ids
> >> or relax the Zope id restriction.
> >
> >I'm attempting to import a FrontPage-built website into Zope and would
> >prefer to make as few changes as possible.
> >
> >I can't see anything about 'relaxing Zope id restriction'. Any hints about
> >where I should look?
>
> What characters are allowed in ids is controlled by
> the "bad_id" regular expression in "OFS.ObjectManager".
>
> Be careful, when you allow characters that are not allowed
> in URL path segments (such as e.g. "?").
> If you do this, you must ensure that URLs build by Zope
> are properly url-quoted.

I changed ObjectManager by adding a '%' to the list. Now the previous
error msg disappears, but there doesn't appear to be any sign of the
uploaded file. I think I'll give up on this and look at changing the
filenames before uploading them, but this means that I need to change some
of the web pages which explicitly reference pages such as
content.asp?content_category_id=3.

Is there a Howto anywhere which suggests ways of incorporating a

--
John