[Zope] new 2.7 redhat rpm and external method permissions

Ed Colmar ed at greengraphics.net
Tue Sep 21 15:49:31 EDT 2004

Greetings!

I recently installed a new zope 2.7 rpm on redhat.  Everything went smooth
and zope is running great.

I have some external methods that do various tasks throughout the
filesystem.  In this case, the files are in a particular mysql directory.

I have created a group for zope and mysql called "www" and changed
ownership of this directory to that group.

I can read and write to this directory as the zope user.

My external methods fail with invalid permissions.

I have verified that the setuid is zope, but I am not positive that zope
is actually running under the zope user.

How can I set/verify that this is the case?

On all of my previous zope installs, I would log in as zope, and do
./start  it appears that this convention has changed.

Any clues?

Thanks in advance!

-ed

EMAIL  ed at greengraphics.net