[Zope] ZCTextIndex question

Jonathan Hobbs toolkit at magma.ca
Tue Sep 21 18:32:02 EDT 2004

I have a ZCatalog that has grown to about 6.3Gb in size and as a result no
longer fits in memory - resulting in a severe degradation in performance (a
search that used to take less than 2 cpu seconds, now takes 5-14 cpu
seconds).  Is there any way to 'extract' a single index from the ZCatalog (a
ZCTextIndex) and hold it in memory to improve search retrieval performance ?

Also, because we are using the OkapiIndex relevance ranking process, we will
need to hold the Lexicon in memory.  Has anyone tried/accomplished this?

Hoping there is a solution...

Jonathan