[Zope] Disgraceful

Tiller, Michael (M.M.) mtiller at ford.com
Fri Sep 24 13:07:38 EDT 2004

<rant>
This is such a bunch of bullshit.  I am so tired of "the answer is out
there somewhere, why can't you find it yourself?" being the
justification for not helping people who ask reasonable questions.  To
add insult to injury Asad was being quite courteous (e.g. he went so far
as to thank you for your initial response) and you guys just start
jumping all over him.

Please explain to me why the mailing list should be a
solution-of-last-result???  After all, you can find the solution to
every question by looking at the Zope source code...ergo, all questions
to the mailing list are a waste of time because the person didn't have
the time to go picking through the source code?

Personally, I am more than happy to help people with questions if I know
the answer off the top of my head.

***What is the big deal?!?***

Just because the answer exists somewhere doesn't mean I expect people to
spend lots of their time (**which is valuable too by the way**) to go
digging it out.  Zope (and Plone) are very complicated systems and not
all of us hack the source code to Zope on a daily basis so we don't know
all the "ins and outs". If you consider it a waste of your time to
answer our questions then DON'T, but there is no need to insult us.

I don't know if you noticed but they don't exactly have the mindshare or
marketshare of other solutions and I don't think that is likely to
change when people come here looking for answers and get nothing but
grief.  I've said it many times before...if you can't be constructive
just don't say anything.  You are poisoning this community with this
nonsense.

In my opinion, the level or arrogance and stubbornness to help on the
part of some people on this mailing list is really disgraceful and I
can't believe others on this list don't feel the same way.
</rant>

--
Mike

Of
> Andreas Jung
> Sent: Friday, September 24, 2004 12:32 PM
> To: Asad Habib; Andreas Jung
> Cc: zope at zope.org
> Subject: Re: [Zope] Zope Session Timeout
>

> --On Freitag, 24. September 2004 12:21 Uhr -0400 Asad Habib
> <ahabib at engin.umich.edu> wrote:
>
> > Ah, so I see how it is. It takes two to pick on one. Well, who has
more
> > spare time on their hands, those who post messages to the list
asking
> for
> > help, or those who post messages shunning others that ask for help?
Both