[Zope] Re: Disgraceful

Tiller, Michael (M.M.) mtiller at ford.com
Fri Sep 24 16:13:58 EDT 2004

> From: zope-bounces at zope.org [mailto:zope-bounces at zope.org] On Behalf
Of
> Subject: [Zope] Re: Disgraceful
>
> The Zope Book chapter on sessions is currently the sixth result here:
> http://www.google.com/search?q=zope+sessions

Really?  For me, this is the sixth result:

http://vsbabu.org/mt/archives/2003/05/16/resetting_zopes_session_timeout
.html

I'm assuming that is not what you meant.

Interestingly, I couldn't find the Zope book in the first six *PAGES* of
results.  Perhaps Google gives you a different result than me for some
reason, but I entered it just like you typed it.

The point is to say where to find the information is "obvious" is
clearly subjective.

> I think you need to read 'How to ask questions the smart way':

I'm curious, what part specifically did Asad not follow?

By the way, did you happen to see the part about how to answer them?
There is a lot of good stuff there like:

Be gentle. Problem-related stress can make people seem rude or stupid
even when they're not.

Reply to a first offender off-line. There is no need of public
humiliation for someone who may have made an honest mistake. A real
newbie may not know how to search archives or where the FAQ is stored or
posted.

If you can't help, don't hinder.

Ask probing questions to elicit more details.

While just muttering RTFM is sometimes justified when replying to
someone who is just a lazy slob, a pointer to documentation (even if
it's just a suggestion to Google for a key phrase) is better.

--
Mike