[Zope] general API question

David Evans dsevans at berndtgroup.net
Sun Sep 26 15:57:49 EDT 2004

Hello all,

I've just started working on zope, coming from java servlet land. so far
i'm very happy with my ability to get up and running quickly, its seems
to be a great framework that allows very fast development.

i am having trouble with the API documentation. i was looking for the
full documentation of the request class API, and found this:
http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/AppendixB.stx#2-208

but this seems to be more an overview than a formal API document. for
instance one of the user comments mentions the existance of an attribute
called "form" that is a dictionary, and i used it in a script and it
worked. but nowhere in the request class documentation does it mention
that attribute. i took a guess that if "form" was an attribute, so was
"cookies" and sure enough, there it was.

is there a more complete API reference available, and if not how can i
contribute to the update of the curent API to a more complete status?

thanks,

dave