[Zope] Zope and stylesheets

Les Ferguson lhf at xtra.co.nz
Tue Sep 28 06:34:59 EDT 2004

John Poltorak wrote:
> I've pulled something from the zope.org website which I want to
> iincorporate into my own but don't fully understand what is going on. Here
> are the lines:-
>
>     <link rel="Stylesheet" type="text/css"
>           href="http://zope.org/ploneNS4.css" />

I have just used something like the above, referring to a local
stylesheet page I created myself as a ZPT document.  This is included in
my pages with:

     <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"
	tal:attributes="href string:${request/BASE0}/bluestyle"/>

This should be all you need if you just want to experiment with a few
style classes.  You can then hack  about at them in your .css document
and observe the effects wherever you have implemented them in your
pages.  I'm sure you can read up on css stylesheets in many places on
the web.

If you want to use the skins as you have seen them on Plone sites, you
probably have a lot more reading to do.  I have not gone there yet.

--
Les Ferguson
Software developer