[Zope] Re: Zope and stylesheets

John Poltorak jp at warpix.org
Tue Sep 28 06:59:47 EDT 2004

On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 02:36:28PM +0200, Tonico Strasser wrote:
> John Poltorak wrote:
> >
> > I'm not very well up on stylesheets so apologies for my newbie questions,
> > but how should I incorporate the lines above into my own website? Do I
> > just need to import the files ploneNS4.css and ploneCustom.css into my own
> > instance of Zope?
>
> What do you want? I quess you want a look and feel similar to zope.org?

Initially, I just want local copies of the stylesheets so that I can
familiarise myself with them, but I'm not sure whether stylesheets should
be copied into ZODB or exist in the filesystem as ordinary files.

> > And is it recommended to have a common stylesheets
> > folder for all the websites served from a single Zope instance?
>
> Stylesheets are usually very specific to a Web site and its HTML
> structure, you rarely want to share the same CSS among different sites.
> It doesn't make any difference to Zope if you share your CSS.
>
> Have a look at the CSS-discuss Wiki, this site contains a lot of useful
> information about CSS:
>    <http://css-discuss.incutio.com/>
>
> The code you cited above uses the @import hack.
>    <http://css-discuss.incutio.com/?page=ImportHack>

Thanks for that, I couldn't work out where to find out anything at all
about @import.

--
John