[Zope] Re: Long process in zope - how a long to be ?

Tres Seaver tseaver at zope.com
Tue Sep 28 09:41:39 EDT 2004

Andreas Jung wrote:

> --On Dienstag, 28. September 2004 11:32 Uhr +0200 "kepes.krisztian"
> <kepes.krisztian at peto.hu> wrote:
>
>> Hi !
>>
>> I have a question about zope's python limitation.
>> ZopeBook is say that zope's py is limited. Limited: ranges are not be to
>> loo long, cycles (for, until) are limited, etc.
>

> Your choice is to use ZEO to keep the normal Zope client in peace and
> perform
> your own actions through another ZEO connection.

Right.  For example, once you have configured your appserver to use ZEO,
  you can then write your long-running stuff as filesystem scripts, and
run them from zopectl.  'bin/zopectl run' leaves an object in globals
called 'app', which is the root object of your ZODB. E.g.:

   $ cat search_objects.py
   # Search the ZODB, ...
   for obj in app.objectValues():

   $ bin/zopectl run search_objects.py