[Zope] Re: [Zope-dev] session problem again?

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Wed Sep 29 20:41:53 EDT 2004

Hi Matteo,

Please make sure to cc the list, thanks...

>> A much better tact would  be to make your application work under Zope
>> 2.7.3.  What prevents it from running under 2.7.3 now?
>>
>> - C
>
> Hi chris the problem now is that yesterday night I installed ZWarehouse
> on Zope2.7.3b1
> I reboot the server but I still have the same error!!!
> As you can see on the post below I followed your advice and installed
> Zope2.7.3 but no way to solve the problem...

But... but... this is fixed in 2.7.3. ;-)  There's almost no way the same
error could happen.  Really.  I've tested this.  Lots.  ;-)

> Another strange thing is that after installing Zope2.7.3b1 Zwarehouse
> worked ok except for the fact that I could not see images of products
> saved on database( for my fault  because I did not update the mysql
> driver) so this morning I restored the server to the situation of one
> week ago brutally (overwriting everything, copying from backup) and till
> now I cannot reproduce the error.

Does this mean you can or can't reproduce the error under 2.7.3?

> Until yesterday I could reproduce the error waiting for a session to
> timeout and updating some page containing 'session=REQUEST.session' or a
> Zwarehouse script called setSessionOnRequest.py.

And what happened yesterday?  It started to work?

> I cannot understand... where are persistent data session containers?
> only in RAM or also in some temp folder on the system?

It depends where you have your session data container path set to in your
/session_data_manager object.  If it points to the object in
/temp_folder/session_data_container, your session data is not persistent.
If it points to a different session data container, your session data is
persistent.

> Right Now I'm running Zope2.6 on production system but I'm installing
> Zope2.7.3.b1 (downloaded from zope.org/download is that the right
> version should i have?) on another
> virtual machine trying to replicate the situation and the error because
> I'm sure that error will come soon again!

That's the right version.

I'm so confused.  Can we start over again?  Here's what I'd like you to do:

- please don't tell me any more about problems you have when you run
  under 2.6.X.  I know that's broken. ;-)

- please only tell me about problems that you have when you run your
  application under 2.7.3 b1 (not any other 2.7 version).

- if you experience a problem using ZWarehouse under 2.7.3b1, please
  tell us about it in detail (including a traceback) no matter whether
  it does or doesn't have anything to do with sessions, so we know
  what you're trying to do and how it doesn't work.

Thanks!

- C