[Zope] Dynamic output encoding

Jonathan Hobbs toolkit at magma.ca
Thu Sep 30 10:47:26 EDT 2004

From: "Ralph van den Houdt" <ralph at ezcompany.nl>

> I checked as mentioned:
>
>  > even if the meta tag is set to ISO-8859-9.
>
> The evaluation returns true and sets the meta tag and writes to the
> response. But the client doesn't care about it.
>
> Greetings Ralph
>
> PS: There are no silly questions, only stupid answers.
>
> Jonathan Hobbs wrote:
> > From: "Ralph van den Houdt" <ralph at ezcompany.nl>
> >
> >>I want to change the output encoding of a DTML Method based on a session
> >>variable. But unfortunately the code below doesn't work. The client
> >>Mozilla/IE presents the page as standard ISO-8859-1, even is the meta
> >>tag is set to ISO-8859-9.
> >>
> >>Any suggestions?
> >>
> >>Greetings Ralph
> >>
> >><dtml-if "get_session_language_code() == 'tr'">
> >
> > charset=ISO-8859-9">
> >
> >>   <dtml-call "RESPONSE.setHeader('Content-Type', 'text/html;
> >>charset=ISO-8859-9')">
> >><dtml-else>
> >
> > charset=ISO-8859-1">
> >
> >>   <dtml-call "RESPONSE.setHeader('Content-Type', 'text/html;
> >>charset=ISO-8859-1')">
> >></dtml-if>
> >

> > Perhaps a silly question, but...
> >
> > Have you confirmed that your <dtml-if "get_session_language_code() ==
'tr'">
> > is evaluating to TRUE?

How about using a utility which would allow you to use http to access your
dtml method and then examine the headers (ie. Curl, wget, etc) to see if
they are being set correctly.  That would let you know if:

1) they are being set correctly and are then just ignored by your client, or

2) they are not being set, so either something in zope or something in front
of zope (ie. if you are running apache or something similar) is messing with
the headers

Jonathan