[Zope] Does anyone care whether we deprecate ZClasses?

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Sun Apr 3 13:07:40 EDT 2005

Jake wrote:
> My question, since it now seems like I am not the only one using ZClasses

I doubt that that is the case.

> is, why not support them? You listed out the reasons why someone wouldn't
> want to use them going forward, but what are the reasons why not to
> support them as legacy into 3/2.10?

Are you saying you want them in 2.10 but not necessarily beyond that (e.g. 2.11)?
Or that you don't see why we don't support them indefinately?

It takes effort to support old features.  We have to weigh the benefits
against the cost of the feature.  For example, Zope 2.8 has been delayed
substantially due to the effort to keep them going.  If people find them
useful, then we can keep them, but we don't want to keep them otherwise.

Jim