[Zope] Problem with Z Psycopg

Jeff Gentry jgentry at jimmy.harvard.edu
Tue Apr 5 16:46:48 EDT 2005

On Tue, 5 Apr 2005, Dieter Maurer wrote:
> >I'm having a problem with Z Psycopg.  From time to time (quite often)
> >it looses the connection with the database and I get:
> >   Site Error
> >   An error was encountered while publishing this resource.
> >   Error Type: OperationalError
> >   Error Value: no connection to the server
> Usually, this means that the postgres server process died...

I did run into something recently where the local firewall was killing the
connection to the DB server due to a timeout, so one of the local admin
types wrote a small zsql method that gets hit by a cronjob about once an
hour or so.

Granted the end effect is the same (zope thinks that the DB server has
died) but in this case it was the connection itself.