[Zope] Does anyone care whether we deprecate ZClasses?

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Wed Apr 6 00:59:43 EDT 2005

--On Dienstag, 5. April 2005 16:38 Uhr -0400 Jake <jake at zopezone.com> wrote:

> And that is probably the best arguement for keeping them around longer.

We should get to the point: if some people depend on ZClasses then they
should
take over some responsibility in maintaining them in future releases. It
can not be
that a "feature" regarded as obsolete (from the majority) and almost
unmaintained and
untouched since  ages holds up further releases. I agree with Jim that they
should be
officially deprecated - means they could be removed in Zope 2.10. We could
leave them
longer if they should work in further releases without further work. If
there are serious
problems in  further releases with ZClasses holding up a new release we
should kick them.
So if you depend on ZClasses....learn how they are implemented and maintain
them in the
future. But from the prospective of limited resource it is not reasonable
to spend much
time on ZClasses in the future.

-aj