[Zope] Does anyone care whether we deprecate <Your Favourite Part of Zope>

Phillip Hutchings sitharus at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 02:07:29 EDT 2005

<flame>

What gives us the right to dictate what features these people give up
their time to work on? Sure, Zope (the company) pays some, but others
seem to do it for no direct reward, other than the Zope program.
<end flame>

I admire these people, I have no idea what goes through Zope, though I
might look at fixing some bugs and submitting patches to see what's
involved.

If you love the feature so much, either make it work yourself, or pay
someone to.

I do sympathise those who have spent time creating and maintaining
solutions based on ZClasses, and I hope someone comes up with a system
to export them to a product. I started with python scripts and then a
product. Basic products are simple and development can be quite fast
with refreshing turned on.
--
Phillip Hutchings
http://www.sitharus.com/