[Zope] Does anyone care whether we deprecate ZClasses?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Apr 7 18:15:11 EDT 2005

On 07.Apr 2005 - 20:13:58, Dieter Maurer wrote:
> Yuri wrote at 2005-4-7 14:30 +0200:
> > Isn't Archetypes only for Plone?
>
> No, it can be used with pure CMF...
> ... if one is ready to fix a few Plone dependencies that creep
> in in most Archetype releases.

> > Just release a way to convert a Zclass to a Python Product (at least
> >for the simplest ZClasses...).
>
> Unfortunaltely, even the most elementary things are missing:
>
>   PropertySheet are one of the most essential parts of ZClasses --
>   and they can be extended later and all ZInstances see the changes.
>
>   "PropertySheet"s are available for non ZClasses as well.
>   But, this code is even less maintained than ZClasses and
>   utterly broken.

Hmm, could you (just for my own interest) point out the difference
between PropertySheets and ProperyManager (which I used to define
properies for my own product-classes)? IIRC PropertySheets allow to
have multiple "groups" of properties on the same Object, but is there
more?

Andreas

--
Write yourself a threatening letter and pen a defiant reply.