[Zope] Re: Potential PythonScript bug

Ira Sher invisibleira at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 01:03:38 EDT 2005

Chris,
absolutely right. I got confused and misinterpreted a behavior I was
getting with crashes. I was finding that the Zope instance would fail
if I didn't have certain files that were in the 2.7.5 Products folder
duped in the instance dir...but as it turned out, it all boiled down
to a single product--ZCatalog--that I've now placed an older (2.5.1)
version of in the instance Products dir (I get a documentToKeyMap
error otherwise). With just that product duped (or not duped, but with
the older version replacing the newer one in the 2.7.5 Products
folder), everything works fine--no more errors looping catalog
requests.

I suppose this is odd behavior in itself--I'm pleased the site works
again, but I am a bit concerned it can only go forward relying on an
earlier version on a product--does this matter if only the instance
relies on the use of that Product (ie, if I don't actually swap it out
of the 2.7.5 installation itself, but only duplicate it in this
instance)?

thanks for your help
ira