[Zope] "The Zope Book"

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Fri Apr 8 11:59:57 EDT 2005

On Fri, Apr 08, 2005 at 05:41:30PM +0200, Lennart Regebro wrote:
> On Apr 8, 2005 5:22 PM, Paul Winkler <pw_lists at slinkp.com> wrote:
> > But that leaves unanswered questions - should we document the Five stuff
> > at all, and if so, how?
>
> Well, the Five stuff is a subset of the Zope3 stuff, with way too much
> Zope2 stuff still necessary. The idea is that this should change quite
> rapidly and get more and more Zope3-ish and become less and less of a
> subset.
>
> So it may be that documenting it is a bit of a waste of time. I think
> the most realistic part is to rename the 2.7 book to 2.8, move
> ZClasses and DTML last, note that 2.8 includes some Zope3 support but
> don't document it.

OK, but there should at least be a pointer to something to read
for people wanting to get started with 2.8.0/Five.
I haven't yet looked at any of the Five stuff.
Is there at least a README? :)

> Then we'll concentrate on getting 2.9s Zope3 support to be more
> Zope3-ish, and documenting the differences into a Zope2.9 book. ;)

Yes, I'm sure we will ;-)

> I don't have an overview of what needs to be done on the Zope book in
> general though.

Well, the chapter-by-chapter editing is still not done.
See http://plope.com/Books/zb_signup for an overview of the known
tasks to be done.

--

Paul Winkler