[Zope] developer docs

Cliff Ford Cliff.Ford at ed.ac.uk
Tue Apr 12 09:47:45 EDT 2005

Milos Prudek wrote:
> What are the best documents for creating Zope products?
>
> I know Zope Book very well and I write TTW scripts. I need to convert a
> bunch of ZClasses into Products.
>
> ZDG seems very outdated. Should I start with mxmEasyProduct and then
> read ZDG? Is there a book available in bookshops that is better than ZDG
> and contains all required information for building products?

I don't know about best documents! There is a minimal Product How To:

http://www.zope.org/Members/maxm/HowTo/minimal_01/

Faced with the same problem (conversion of ZClasses to file system
Products), I decided to have a look at Zope3X. There are a couple of
good new books with worked examples - but as soon as I stepped off the
guided path I found myself struggling. Still, I think I can see how to
go from 2.7 to 3 and not bother with ZClasses.

Cliff