[Zope] developer docs

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Tue Apr 12 12:24:22 EDT 2005

On Tue, Apr 12, 2005 at 04:37:58PM +0200, Milos Prudek wrote:
> I do not feel I can contribute to ZDG at this time. Is there any other
> resource you can recommend, please?

ZDG is really it.  It could use some cleanup to fold in the
comments and errata that are posted to the online version.
For now, just read the ZDG and heed the comments.

I personally do not use mxmEasyProduct. I did at one point, but I found
that while it's a timesaver for trivial things, I ended up having to
understand plain old Product development anyway, anytime I wanted to do
something different, plus I had to figure out how mxmMinimal worked.
That's typical of frameworks that hide details from you...
great until you want the details back ;-)

Rather, I would look at the venerable old Boring and Minimal
example products.  (But be aware that Boring (last time I looked)
used the "old-style" security declarations.  Instead
of an __ac_permissions__ attribute, you should use
ClassSecurityInfo as shown in, well, just about any Product
you have lying around.)

I know, this all screams for an organized, updated effort :-(

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com