[Zope] backing up zope files

Abhilasha Chaudhary achaudha at tigr.org
Thu Apr 14 17:30:10 EDT 2005

Hi,

 I am trying to find out how I can back up all the zope files related to
a particular
project on the file system. I want to able to store the zope code in
CVS. I use ftp
to store the files from zope on the file system. But when I put back the
files in the
Zope area using ftp, the properties of the files all get converted to
DTML and the
application cannot be used. I know there is a utility called
"PUT_factory" that
allows you to specify the zope object you want, but I think this utility
is not very
useful when you want to convert to certain types of objects(e.g
ZSQLmethod).
I want to find out if there is a more graceful way of preserving zope
object properties
while backing up zope files to the file system?

Thanks for any help,
A.