[Zope] Organisational vs. Functional hierarchies

Bakhtiar A Hamid bakhtiar.ahamid at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 20:07:58 EDT 2005

On 4/21/05, David Given <dg at cowlark.com> wrote:

> The actual amount of code I want to write is minimal; it looks like what I'll
> have is a subclass of File that processes its content and passes it as a
> parameter into a page template on itself. (What I actually want is a
> lightweight RestructuredText thing with more customisability.) It should be
> pretty trivial.
>
> Any gotchas I should know about?

careful what you subclass.  don't do what i did (in 2000); subclass
all the classes i think i want.  now, i have to make sure all the
dependent products are installed.  some of them are not actually
maintained anymore.

> What other approaches are there to doing this kind of thing, other than
> writing a fully-fledged Product?

write a simple basic product.  and subclass that for your zclass

here's what i did:
http://myzope.kedai.com.my/blogs/kedai/20

http://myzope.kedai.com.my - my-zope org