[Zope] how to save page content to a word file.

David H bluepaul at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 21 02:34:41 EDT 2005

prabuddha ray wrote:

>this again is a simple problem which got tricky for me.
>  I've full page template taking parameters to generate a printable report.
>Another button on this page is for saving the report to a doc file.
>How can i do this in a ZPT?

prabuddha,

If you are using Windows then check out "Python Programming on Win32" by
Hammond and Robinson.  It shows how to use COM to communicate with
MicroSoft Word and Excel files.

The idea is that you will write an external python script - that
interfaces with COM that interfaces with Word and Excel.

David