[Zope] backing up zope files

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Thu Apr 21 18:14:54 EDT 2005

On Thu, Apr 21, 2005 at 05:48:40PM -0400, Abhilasha Chaudhary wrote:
> Abhilasha Chaudhary wrote:
>
> >Thanks for the info. I downloaded the FSDump product and dumped my
> >files to the file system.
> >But when I ftp the files back to the zope interface, they lose their
> >properties. Is there a
> >way(other than PUT_factory) to ftp the dump so that the object
> >properties are not lost?

I see.  I should have explained better:
No, you can't ftp the results of FSDump and keep the properties.
It's intended for use with FilesystemDirectoryView.

There is no way to do what you're describing with FTP.

We do most of our development on the filesystem and use
FilesystemDirectoryViews to get zope to use the data.
We used FSDump as a one-time convenience for copying scripts that
were initially developed in Zope back to the filesystem with
properties intact.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com