[Zope] Re: Memorysegment error in Zope

Max M maxm at mxm.dk
Tue Apr 26 02:54:17 EDT 2005

Andreas Jung wrote:

>> I suspect what happens is that a connection has been idle for to long, ad
>> the connection dropped by the imap server. Which might cause some memory
>> to be freed that is then accessed when I call noop().
>
> So it would be (group)wise to ask the vendor (Novell)?

Zope and Groupwise are on different machines, so I don't think I can
blame Groupwise. Imap servers are supposed to loose the connection after
a set time. eg. 20 minutes.

It is most likely something that happens in the imap library. Perhaps a
socket being freed and garbage collected, which I then try to access
from the pool.

My connection pooling is just a thin wrapper around the standard imap
library. So I guess I should try to find the problem there.

> Looking at the code I see nothing that could help from figuring
> out some server problems or doing some remote healing.

Ok. I will need to do some deeper debugging. Nothing is more fun than
debugging something with a 20 minutes timeout :-s

--

hilsen/regards Max M, Denmark

http://www.mxm.dk/
IT's Mad Science