[Zope] Forcing all Zope access to come through an Apache/SSL proxy

calisp at gmail.com calisp at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 05:16:03 EDT 2005

On 28/04/05, Reuven M. Lerner <reuven at lerner.co.il> wrote:
[...]
> The above should make it possible (I believe), an HTTPS connection
> between my browser and my cup.  Apache should then take that incoming
> SSL request and issue its own request to the Zope server.  Zope will
> respond, sending it back to Apache, which (in turn) sends it back to me.
>
> But of course, that doesn't happen.   Zope's provides indicates that
> many of the requests begin with "\x80g\x01\x03".
[...]

The following works for me...

-----
<VirtualHost [ip_address]:443>

    ErrorLog logs/ssl_error_log
    TransferLog logs/ssl_access_log

    SSLEngine on
    SSLCipherSuite ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP
    SSLCertificateFile /etc/httpd/ssl/[domain].crt
    SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/httpd/ssl/[domain].key

    SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \
         nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \
         downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0

    CustomLog logs/ssl_request_log \
          "%t %h %{SSL_PROTOCOL}x %{SSL_CIPHER}x \"%r\" %b"

    ServerName [domain]
    RewriteEngine On
    ProxyVia On
    RewriteRule ^/(.*)