[Zope] Unable to login to zope management interface on Ubuntu

charlie derr cderr at simons-rock.edu
Thu Apr 28 14:27:07 EDT 2005

Andreas Jung wrote:

> --On Donnerstag, 28. April 2005 23:28 Uhr +0530 Vishwas Narendra
> <vishwas.narendra at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm running Ubuntu (warty). I just installed zope 2.6.4-1.1 through
>> synaptic. I created a user with the "zpasswd inituser" command.
>

> Get the latest Zope 2.7.6 version and install it from the Zope sources.
> 2.6.4 is old and obsolete.
>
> -aj

Debian sarge (testing) has 2.7.5 available, so I'd expect that to
probably be in ubuntu as well.  The package name is zope2.7 though (the
"zope" package will install the 2.6 version).

Not that the advice to install from source is bad, but I thought it was
worth pointing out that there is another option.
	~c