[Zope] Exporting Plone objects to Zope CMF

J Cameron Cooper zope-l at jcameroncooper.com
Fri Apr 29 17:42:04 EDT 2005

Kanealii, Priam Mr KRS wrote:
> Dear Zope-list,
>
> Running with Zope 2.7.5 Plone 2.0.5..
>
> What "nice" method exists, if any, to export CMF-ish things like
> documents, events, and news items from Plone to ZopeCMF? (Or, what
> search terms may have escaped me?)
>
> Ideally, I'd like to be able to export folders in Plone and import
> them to Zope CMF such that Plone-ized CMF items were magically
> de-Ploned (and allow for sufficiently Plone-ized things to remain
> broken). Unfortunately, importing folders or most other objects
> raises a Copy Error::
>
>     "Object *broken* does not support this operation."
>
> I'm just wondering if there are options to porting content by hand
> ..which will be less than a day's work in this case (we're just
> getting started). In absence of a nice method, I'm curious what
> methods others may have applied in a similar situation.

I don't think that's a very common task. Plone over-rides most (or all)
of the basic CMF types, and so you wouldn't be able to import them in a
site without the Plone software installed.

Though, perhaps, you can use FTP to download from one and upload to the
other. May lose workflow state and maybe other metadata that way, though.

If that's a problem, see CMFSetup and CMFSetupExtensions, which will
allow you to export/import your site in XML, retaining metadata. You
might have to go and edit the type fields in the XML, though. Though if
doing it by hand will only take a day, I might not bother.

		--jcc

--
http://plonebook.packtpub.com/