[Zope] configurating Zopes for merged logs

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Mon Aug 1 13:26:11 EDT 2005

> Zope 2.7.6 with ZEO
> Python 2.4.1
>
> I would like to configure for a single merged log.  If BE is the
> backend
> machine running ZEO and FEA FEB and FEC are various front-ends for the
> ZEO, what's the configuration supposed to look like to get a merged
> log
> collected on the machine on which ZEO runs.   The only log I need
> to merge
> is the Z2.log--the othes can be left per-Zope frontend.  While it
> would be
> nice if the merged entries were serialized, it is not strictly
> necessary.
> Cross machine transmission can be either UDP or TCP.

Apart from the fact that Python 2.4.1 is unsupported on Zope 2.7.6,
have you looked at the logger section in zope.conf? You can configure
a syslog loghandler for any log and send the logging output to a
syslog server. See zope.conf and <zope>/lib/python/zLOG/component.xml
for the configuration knobs.

jens