[Zope] Application Error (Referernced Memmory)

David Blomstrom webmaster at geobop.org
Mon Aug 1 21:57:48 EDT 2005

I downloaded a content management system called Plone and get the following error message when I try to start it:

Plone Controller - [Plone Status]: pythonw.exe -
Application Error
The instruction at "0x009d3f09" referenced memory at
"0x000000cB". The memory could not be "read".
plone-users-request at lists.sourceforge.net <http://us.f604.mail.yahoo.com/ym/Compose?To=plone-users-request@lists.sourceforge.net&YY=16748&order=down&sort=date&pos=0&view=a&head=b>

I uninstalled it, then reinstalled it again, witih the same results. When I tried to start another Program in the Plone folder, I got this error message:

"Windows is searching for runzope.bat. To locate the file yourself, click Browse."

What little information I found on the Internet suggests it's a problem with Python, which I know nothing about. So I joined Python's e-mail list and asked about it. But I was told to address my question to the Zope community.

So, do any of you have any idea what's causing this problem(s) and how I can fix it?

Also, just how user friendly is Plone/Zope? I was initially steered away by an article that said it's terribly complex. But someone on another forum told me the latest version is user friendly, so I decided to try it. But if I have to learn three separate software programs (Plone, Zope and Python), then it probably is over my head.

Thanks.

--
http://www.geobop.org/ (Geobop) | http://www.geoworld.org/ (GeoWorld) | http://www.geozoo.org (GeoZoo) |
 http://www.geosymbols.org (GeoSymbols) | http://www.politix.us/ (Kids' Politix)